ATHLETICKNIT, what you need to know
Athleticknit... but what is it?
The Athleticknit lives up to its name, it is a fabric that is called sport for its many properties, but don't get me wrong, it is suitable for many more projects than sportswear.
First, let's talk about its composition.
Athleticknit is a synthetic fabric. It is made of polyester and spandex. Its percentage as well as its thickness varies. The one we sell is made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex.
- It's a 4-way stretch fabric that won't loosen over the day (it holds belly slack well in leggings)
- It is designed to wick moisture and keep it dry, making it the fabric of choice for sportswear.
- It is a fabric that follows the movements of the body and stays in place
- It is a slightly shiny fabric on the outside, but unlike SWIM, the inside is matte and soft.
- Edges that won't roll or fray
This fabric is really ideal for sportswear such as leggings, shorts, sports tops, tank tops, etc.
But it is also perfect for everyday clothes (sweater, dress, toque, etc.)!!
Finally, I would add that it is my favorite fabric for women's underwear. It is comfortable, keeps us dry and very easy to sew. Moreover noticed here that no need to make the edges, the fabric does not roll and does not fray!
To see our stock of Athleticknit: