Bamboo Lycra, what you need to know
Bamboo Lycra... but what is it?
Bamboo Lycra is a very flexible, stretchy and super soft fabric! Perfect for light outfits. In fact, it is often associated with summer clothes, but for my part, I wear it in all seasons!
First, let's talk about its composition.
Bamboo Lycra is a natural fabric. It is made of bamboo and lycra. Its percentage as well as its thickness varies. The one we sell is made of 95% bamboo and 5% lycra.
- It is a 4 way stretch fabric
- Fabric that is very soft to the touch
- This fiber is very absorbent (3 times more than cotton)
- It is said to have antibacterial and antimicrobial properties
- This fabric also has breathable and antiperspirant properties.
- Edges that do not roll (or little) and do not fray
This fabric is really ideal for light clothing such as sweaters, tank tops, boxers, cardigans, dresses, etc.
It can still be suitable for other clothing such as leggings, as long as it is not too thin and dark enough!
Finally, I would add that it is my favorite fabric for men's underwear. It is comfortable, keeps dry and very soft for gentleman.
To see our Bamboo Lycra stock: https://www.phanycreationfabric.com/collections/bambou-lycra